Starting a travel agency business in Dubai can be a lucrative opportunity, as the city is a popular destination for tourists from around the world. With its modern infrastructure, world-class attractions, and diverse culture, Dubai offers something for everyone.
Type of Travel Agency License
In Dubai, there are three main types of travel agency licenses that a business can obtain: the inbound travel agency license, the outbound travel agency license and travel agent license.
An inbound travel agency license allows a business to provide services to tourists who are visiting Dubai. This could include booking flights and accommodations, arranging transportation, and organizing tours and activities.
An outbound travel agency license allows a business to provide services to residents of Dubai who are traveling abroad. This could include booking flights and accommodations, arranging visas and travel insurance, and organizing tours and activities.
The process typically includes the following:
- Register the business with the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM). This involves paying an initial approval fee and requesting the approval of a trade name for the travel agency.
- Obtain a license from the Dubai Economic Department (DED). To do this, the business must provide a range of documents, including a completed application form, a copy of the business’s trade license, and a copy of the owner’s and partners’ passport and visa.
- Obtain an insurance policy. A travel agency business in Dubai must have an insurance policy in place to protect against potential risks and liabilities.
- Secure a location for the business. This typically involves signing a lease contract for a commercial space and providing a blueprint of the location to the DED. The contract must be signed for at least three months.
- Comply with other regulations and requirements. This may include registering for VAT, obtaining any necessary permits or licenses for specialized services, and following rules and regulations related to advertising and marketing.
The UAE Startup can help with these steps and provide guidance and support to ensure that your business is set up for success in Dubai.